Second Update: The other food slicer i’m REALLY enjoying is the Slap Chop. I even think it’s better than both the Chop Wizard and Chop Magic combined. Check out my full Slap Chop Review here.
Update: After a few months of using Chop Magic, I actually found something better (and cheaper too) called the Vidalia Chop Wizard. The Chop Magic was great at first, but I started having issues with slicing after a while and then it completely broke on me, so now I recommend the Chop Wizard instead.
There are few things more irritating than having to pay sky-high prices for pre-sliced foods and pre-made salads at the supermarket. I know that I could make all these things at home and they’d be fresher, tastier and cheaper, but I just don’t have the time to do all that slicing and dicing.
Recently, however, my sister-in-law showed me her Chop Magic. She told me that since she started using this wonderful little gadget, she could make professional quality salsa, cole slaw and egg salad right in her own home. She uses healthy ingredients and has really saved on her grocery bill! I decided to give Chop Magic a try myself. . .I’m so glad I did!
How Chop Magic Works
Chop Magic is a self-enclosed chopping system. Decide what kind of a cut you want: Slice, mince, chop, cube or dice and fit the appropriate blade or slicer onto the container. Use the enclosed handle to press the food through the blades or slicer. Everything ends up in the storage container, creating no mess for you.
Pros & Cons
Of course, all kitchen items have their advantages and disadvantages and Chop Magic is no exception. Have a look at this list of pros and cons and see what you think:
- Get a neat, uniform chop every time
- Easily prepare salsa, salads and pizza toppings at a fraction of the cost of “pre-sliced” foods at the grocery store. . .your food will be fresher, too!
- Works on veggies, cheese, cold cuts, eggs, fruit. . .
- Storage container doubles as a mixing container: Add extra marinades, dressings, or seasonings and shake/stir as needed
- Chop onions quickly and without tears
- Chop hot peppers without getting pepper juice on your hands. . .and in your eyes
- Chop Magic’s attachments all fit into one container for easy storage
- You can use Chop Magic to store your food until you are ready to cook or serve it
- A safer alternative to food processors or knives
- Never needs sharpening
- Only two different-sized chopping screens
- Container only holds six cups of food: If you need more food, you’ll need a separate container
Where to Buy
As I mentioned earlier, I no longer recommend the Chop Magic since it wore out on me and then ended up breaking. I have been using the Vidalia Chop Wizard recently and it’s a much better device (over 600 positive reviews on Amazon). Also check out my review and recommendation on the Slap Chop! It’s really good!
So with that being said, buy your Chop Wizard from Amazon.com. It’s under $20 and qualifies for free shipping too.Feel free to buy the Chop Magic from Amazon here if you wish. It’s $16.75 and qualities for free shipping too.
If you love to cook but don’t have the time or energy to do a lot of chopping, get Chop Wizard. It will make a huge difference in how you cook and can even save you money. Give it a try and see how much more confident you are in the kitchen!