Update: After a few months of using Chop Magic, I actually found something better (and cheaper too) called the Slice-O-Matic. The Chop Magic was great at first, but I started having issues with slicing after a while and then it completely broke on me, so now I recommend the Slice-O-Matic instead.
As far as their functionality goes, the Slice-O-Matic actually offers more than the Chop Magic did. You can do a variety of different cuts such as thin or thick slices for potatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, etc. You can also choose a julienne style cut by using a different attachment. And of course there’s the option to fine chop things like onions, celery, peppers, and more.
The Chop Magic doesn’t offer all those additional cuts which is why I like the Slice-O-Matic better (and the durability of course).
If you want to see it in action, here is the video for the Slice-O-Matic:
There are few things more irritating than having to pay sky-high prices for pre-sliced foods and pre-made salads at the supermarket. I know that I could make all these things at home and they’d be fresher, tastier and cheaper, but I just don’t have the time to do all that slicing and dicing.
Recently, however, my sister-in-law showed me her Chop Magic. She told me that since she started using this wonderful little gadget, she could make professional quality salsa, cole slaw and egg salad right in her own home. She uses healthy ingredients and has really saved on her grocery bill! I decided to give Chop Magic a try myself. . .I’m so glad I did!
How Chop Magic Works
Chop Magic is a self-enclosed chopping system. Decide what kind of a cut you want: Slice, mince, chop, cube or dice and fit the appropriate blade or slicer onto the container. Use the enclosed handle to press the food through the blades or slicer. Everything ends up in the storage container, creating no mess for you.
Pros & Cons
Of course, all kitchen items have their advantages and disadvantages and Chop Magic is no exception. Have a look at this list of pros and cons and see what you think:
- Get a neat, uniform chop every time
- Easily prepare salsa, salads and pizza toppings at a fraction of the cost of “pre-sliced” foods at the grocery store. . .your food will be fresher, too!
- Works on veggies, cheese, cold cuts, eggs, fruit. . .
- Storage container doubles as a mixing container: Add extra marinades, dressings, or seasonings and shake/stir as needed
- Chop onions quickly and without tears
- Chop hot peppers without getting pepper juice on your hands. . .and in your eyes
- Chop Magic’s attachments all fit into one container for easy storage
- You can use Chop Magic to store your food until you are ready to cook or serve it
- A safer alternative to food processors or knives
- Never needs sharpening
- Only two different-sized chopping screens
- Container only holds six cups of food: If you need more food, you’ll need a separate container
Where to Buy
As I mentioned earlier, I no longer recommend the Chop Magic since it wore out on me and then ended up breaking. I have been using the Slice-O-Matic recently and it’s a much better device.
So with that being said, buy your Slice-O-Matic from the official website. It’s under $20 and when you buy one, they will send you another free of charge. You can keep the extra or give it to someone as a gift, it’s up to you.
If you love to cook but don’t have the time or energy to do a lot of chopping, get the Slice-O-Matic. It will make a huge difference in how you cook and can even save you money. Give it a try and see how much more confident you are in the kitchen!